Thursday, May 27, 2010

Living Proof......

I have decided that I am living proof to the theory:

"Stress can cause weight gain."

Yes -- it's true. Whereas I have a very large frame for a woman (confirmed by the Dr.), my target goal weight should be around 155 lbs to 160 lbs. I know what you "little" people are thinking...."big deal--that should be EASY!" Well, my sweet little friends--it's not. You see, I have so much stress in my life right now that, based on the above theory, I'm surprised I don't weight 350 lbs. I'm going through a terrible battle with my ex-husband over my three oldest children. I won't even burden you with the details, but suffice it to say, the situation is ridiculously awful and has shook me and my kids to the very core.

Okay ~ back to my weight. I am going to go out on a limb and reveal my deep, dark secret that I don't tell ANYONE (not even my husband)....I weigh almost 200 lbs. Whew...just typing it makes me want to cry. Seriously. Now--I have been even heavier in my life at 226 lbs. I lost over 70 lbs once, too. I was 29 when I lost all that weight and I must admit, I didn't really do it the healthiest way either. I used massive amounts of ephedrine (which is now linked to heart issues and is banned--who knew?). It's 11 years and one more kid later----and my metabolism is at a snail's pace. Yep - for sure. All my kids eat much more than me, believe it or not, but I am still gaining weight! So frustrating.......

Due to all the stress and fatigue, I have found myself NOT exercising. Exercise is the key to (my) weight loss. I know that...but tell that to my body who would prefer to lay in bed. Plus, with four children and all their activities, it's hard to get a minute for myself anyway. About a year-and-a-half ago, I was on a steady regiment of running in the mornings at 5:30am. And I enjoyed it. Somewhere along the way I got sidetracked---about the time I was in a car wreck and couldn't exercise for several months. That wreck totally busted up my desire for any type of pain--even the good kind that makes you healthier.

So--here I am, pushing the scales again. And I MUST make a change. PERIOD. So, in following another blogger's idea, I will be posting my weight until it gets down to where it needs to be. I'm not so concerned with the "number" per se, but I want to feel well and in shape. God has blessed me with a tall frame that is able to camoflauge most of this weight, but I feel awful.
No more!!!


So, my blogger friends, prepare to watch my shrinking number, okay? Oh, yeah, and encouragement is certainly appreciated.
fondly,
fit

No comments: