Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Raw Honesty

It's been so long, I'm not even sure where to start. I've had some great things going on---and some not-so-great. I must admit that I often wonder where my walk with Christ is going.

Please understand that this blog entry today will be raw and honest.
[I may not have any readers anyway--due to my long absence *smile*]

Why is it that people (me) base their relationship with Christ on "feelings"? Are we pre-programmed that way or is it by-product of our need for visual stimilus or something "tangible" we can touch and feel? It's no secret that I have always struggled with the concept of God. Believe me, I have done studies, attended classes and asked questions--- but regardless, I fall back into the mindset of, "where is God?" I don't like that mindset. So why can't I stop?

You know, it would be very nice--and extremely helpful-- if God had a videocam or something like that. Heck, I'd settle with a red bat-phone--just some way of hearing Him, seeing Him, or something tangible. I've heard others proclaim their instances of actually hearing God speak to them. So, exactly how do I place an order for that?

Lately, I have felt that my prayers (albeit simple, short, and occassional unfortunately) have "been bouncing off the ceiling" so-to-speak.

Do you think that God still hears them? Does he sit on His throne laughing at my half-hearted attempts? Is He in his "judging-mode" or His "mercy-mode"? Is it wrong to beg for a "sign" from Him?

The sad thing about this situation and all the questions I have posed is that I KNOW all the answers---IN MY HEAD.

But not in my heart--and therein lies the problem.

I have gained much head-knowledge of God over the years having come from a "bonefied Christian home." Where I struggle is the *heart* part of everything. So....how do I fix it?

fit

1 comment:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Not many answers here...other than 'we' can't fix it. By that, I mean we have to at some point leave it up to Him because we can't fix what we don't understand. Does that make sense?

I love your honesty...
I asked God tonight why He had called me to do something that others get to walk away from! Not so sure I'm ready to blog about that one!!!

Love to you and yours!