Thursday, January 11, 2007



"The moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else."
-Martina Navratilova


Well....I've got my class tonight at the gym. 60 minutes of intense cardio-fitness. Ugh.

It's hard while I'm going through it, but I feel great afterwards!! This class, called "Team Weight Loss", meets three (3) times a week and includes a Nutritionist (aka Summer) and a Personal Trainer (aka Rob). There are about 6 consistent people in my class, one of which is my "buddy", Gretchen. She's seems to be really nice, but I'm starting to see a chip on her shoulder. The first few classes,I thought her negativity was most likely attributed to the difficult regime we were being put through; however, it has certainly intensified and I don't think it's far from her normal state-of-mind. Here's why I say that: One of our other classmates is "cute", "blond", and "thin" [not to mention airheaded]. Our Trainer, Rob, tends to show her alot of attention, much to my buddy's dismay, who is NOT "cute", "blond", and "thin". This scenario has caused much discussion on her part, and I seem to be the likely listener, since I am her buddy and work along side her. I try to be a good listener and show her I care...but the fact is---I DON'T. Get over it already. I'm so done with the "I'm-not-cute-so-anyone-who-is-stinks" attitude!

Truth is, I'm there to get in shape and feel good (and hopefully lose some pounds along the way!). I'm not there to win a contest or compete with others while I'm gettin' sweaty!! Puleez!

Well, I've gotta run for now......

Fondly,

Fit



No comments: