Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Much has happened since my last post...

So, there I was minding my own business driving to work. I had just dropped off my youngest son at school and it was seemingly a normal day. I stopped at a red light and glanced in my rearview mirror out of habit. Apparently, the car behind me decided that he didn't want to stop. BAM! He hit me going about 35-40 mph which threw me into the car in front of me, etc. It ended up a 5-car accident. My car is totaled. The car in front of me is totaled. Guess what I found out about the guy that hit me?!?!? His insurance is expired. Yep - so now I have a totaled car of which I still owed money on (It was almost paid off) and am getting low-balled on the value of my car. After all is said and done, here is the scenario:


After the payout on the now-totaled suburban, we will have about $5k. Obviously, that is NOT enough to purchase another vehicle (we require a large car!).

  1. I have insurance - he did not. All he got was a citation. I got the bill for paying for my car.

  2. I also get the bill for all my medical claims. I have learned that I am NOT "superwoman" and that sustaining an impact of this size DOES cause health issues.

  3. I had to miss four days at work - I get to use my limited sick days. He doesn't work, so he gets to go home to Mommy's and put his feet up on the couch and eat cheetos.

  4. His Mommy will pay to get her bumper fixed -- but it's not necessary due to the fact that he also has a large car so the only damage to his vehicle was his front bumper.

  5. Oh, yeah--I just remembered...we have a $500 deductible. Great -- now I get to pay that, too.

  6. I have therapy on my back 3 times a week, which means I will miss more work.

  7. I had begun my running regiment again -- but that's on hold now, too. So now I get to maintain my BMI, which I was trying to reduce to get to a healthy weight in order to add to the family.














Can you sense some hostility????

So-- my current project is MYSELF. I am praying for God's peace to cover me. I pray that I will seek His face and be reminded that my life belongs to Him anyway. The car--not mine; my job --a gift from Him; my health --lies in The Healer's Hands; and, fortunately, my children were not in the car.

Remaining faithful in my walk with Christ is what matters. Understanding life is not.


Matthew 6:34 (The Message) "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Okay, just wrote on your FB page and now I come here and realize why you're getting back therapy...OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'm glad you weren't more seriously injured. But what a loser and how frustrating that you get stuck with paying for everything....UGH!!!! I hate dealing with stuff like that. So sorry! :(