Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One year ago TODAY...

...I was in a serious car accident. Don't get me wrong--it could have been MUCH MUCH worse; but still serious. I was heading to work, minding my own business--when the guy behind me thought it would be worth his time to text while he was driving. I was at a complete stop and was hit full force at about 40-45 mph. He hit me and I ended up in the back seat of a smaller car. All in all, five cars were in the wreck. There is NO doubt in my mind that if I had not been there and the guy had hit the lady in front of me, she would be dead. So--does that make me a hero?? LOL

Regardless, I still suffer from the wreck. I find myself having occasional panic attacks when someone gets too close to me in traffic. I'm sure that's normal. My back and neck will never be the same --and that really frustrates me.

Probably the most frustrating is the guy's insurance company is fighting my claim. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? We have a court date in AUGUST. I've had to fill out an affidavit stating I was alert, not medicated, not on the phone, etc. Huh??? I don't believe I had anything to do with the fact that the 19-year-old punk behind me had no regard for anyone around him. In fact, he wouldn't speak to anyone at the scene.

Seriously. He didn't even care enough to make sure I was okay. Yep --- punk.

Here is the verse I am claiming today (as I find myself very emotional):

I Thess. 5:23-24
"May God Himself, the God of Peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it."

fondly,
fit

1 comment:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

WOW! That has already been a year ago??? Man, how time flies!!!
I'm so sorry they are fighting your claim!!! Hang in there and fight!!!