Tuesday, September 19, 2006

09.19.06

Greetings.
Not sure what to write about, so I'll just ramble......

Weather is GREAT! Went out at lunch and didn't want to come back. Speaking of lunch, I am making some headway on my "life change" (aka diet)! I've always had a tendency towards being overweight. I was always active growing up (volleyball, basketball, etc.), but during my 20's, I kinda fell off the wagon, so-to-speak. Now that my age and metabolism seem to be spreading further and further apart, I have to be careful of what I eat and have to work out at least 5 days a week. [it sucks] My lunches usually consist of salads, soups, sandwiches and my dinners are usually based upon my schedule (which stays pretty hectic!). Unfortunately, while my husband is working crazy hours, I tend to eat on-the-go, since I have turned into a limo service for my children.

Mondays are typically the only night we have all together at home. Tuesday nights are FOOTBALL (go Braves!) for my two oldest children (7th and 8th). They eat with the team following school. My daughter and youngest son (and myself, of course) grab something and it's not always healthy but I try. Usually a PB&J for them and a Zone Bar and banana for me. Wednesday night is church/programs. The older boys attend a youth jam session and I attend a MOPS program (mothers of pre schoolers). My two younger just tag along. Thursday nights my three older kiddos go to their dad's house and it's just me and "the boy". It turns into great snuggle time and I LOVE IT! He's such a mama's boy...and I'm eating it up! [I think his dad's a little jealous, though...]

Friday nights are spent catching up! This usually consists of laundry, which can easily pile up with a family of six in the house. Saturday's are either housework or errands (or both!). If we are able, we get together with friends on Saturday night. Sunday's are spent at church and homework (for hubby, who is finishing his MBA).

So---you can see how hectic life is. To be honest, I'm not sure I know anyone who isn't jammed packed with things to do. How did we let it get this way? Oh well, I'm not even going near that subject..............

Well, I guess I've rambled long enough.
ciao!
fit

No comments: