Thursday, September 21, 2006

09.21.06

Today is Friday for me...Yeah! I am on vacation tomorrow. Gonna spend some time with hubby. We've been working opposite hours, so we haven't seen much of each other. We have an overnight marriage retreat tomorrow night, so we will be able to re-connect (woo-hoo!).

Last night was interesting. We actually took a night off from our hectic schedules and all stayed home (me and the kids). It was my oldest son's first official night of his grounding. His sentence is no TV, no playstation, no phone, no computer...no life! He's such a techno-junkie that I thought he would go insane! He ended up going outside and dribbling the basketball for a while and then going to his room and reading. Reading is such a lost art. I'm guilty of not reading myself...too busy. Either way, he was definitely bored. Good, I say...maybe he'll get the picture.

Stepped on the scale this morning and it is the same. Oh well...my clothes fit better and I feel better, so I'll take it! Last time I lost so much weight, I was doing it the unhealthy way...so this time I'm getting it right. It's definitely taking longer...but I plan for it to last.

Tonight is the series premiere of Grey's Anatomy. I'm certainly NOT a tv junkie, but this show I love. Probably because of Patrick Dempsey (McDreamy)---what a babe---and the fact that I loved him in "Can't Buy Me Love" and "Loverboy". My other favorite show is Boston Legal. This show is HILARIOUS. My hubby and I love watching it together. We usually have to tivo it (because of our schedules) and then watch several episodes back-to-back. I'm a big fan of James Spader...he plays such an unusual character!

Feeling a little "cloudy" today....physically and mentally. I have fall allergies, so this time of year is yucky. I don't suffer from the usual symptoms, but rather bad sinus headaches. Ugh. Mentally, I'm just tired. Stress is a little overwhelming sometimes. I know that everyone has their share, but goodness, I think we may have received a double-dipping! I continue to pray that God protects us and keeps us focused on Him.

No comments: