Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day #2--So far so good...




The day started well. I am recovering from a calf injury, so I've been on hiatus from running (which I love). The doctor told me I could start back today. I ran about 1.5 miles since I didn't want to overdo it. Calf feels okay --- but really tight. Ugh. It sucks getting old. I'm convinced that my calf injury is due to my weight gain. Ugh. It REALLY sucks getting old. Unfortunately, I don't have the metabolism of some of my peers (I hate you Kris and Wen *smile*) and have battled weight all my life. I'm extremely fortunate to be tall, which assists in masking some of the pudge. After my second child was born I contracted a virus which, in essence, killed my thyroid. I literally gained 50 pounds in one month....no joke. I've been on thyroid medicine ever since......thanks Tyler. lol


We are in the process of remodeling the house. We are almost finished with the kitchen, but still have a ways to go. Over the weekend we made a trip to Lowes to buy all the materials for the rest of the downstairs floors and we spent almost a small fortune. The materials should be delivered tomorrow and I'm exhausted just thinking about all the work ahead of us. It will look really nice when we're done, but I sure wish I could contract the work out.....


I really miss the boys [they're at camp this week]. It just about killed them to leave their cell phones at home, too. haha I have come to the realization that I sincerely miss texting them. That's kinda our way of communicating, especially on the weekends they are with their dad. It helps me feel connected to them, but doesn't intrude on their time with him.


Here's a picture of my youngest...he's so precious. I'm not a big Dallas Cowboy fan, but his preschool put him in this outfit....




fondly,
fit

No comments: