Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I can't believe it's almost been a year!

Life is crazy....seemed like just yesterday I was in the habit of blogging. Guess not, huh? Been wayyyyyy too busy. The older my kids get the busier they become. I've become "mother taxi". I've also gone back to school--which is something I've talked about doing for years.
Well ~ hopefully my hiatus is over!

I thought I'd give an update of my life over the last year and where I am now:
1) supremely happy in my marriage;
2) amazingly proud of my four children;
3) profoundly thrilled to be called a child of God;
4) cautiously aware of my limitations in every aspect of my life;
5) vaguely conscious of storms heading my way (I'll explain later);
6) completely surrendered to what God has in store for me.

To explain further:
1) My husband, Robert, is truly an amazing person. He has weathered some pretty incredible storms throughout his life and he's fought his way through them. It has been a year since he settled his doubt about his salvation. Since that day, he has developed a desire to know God's Will and execute it.
2) My four children are absolutely incredible. My two oldest are at church camp this week having a blast, I'm sure. My daughter just returned from camp yesterday and is still trying to recuperate! My youngest is on a skating field trip today with his pre-school.
3) God is ever-present in my life. I do my best daily to reflect Him in all I do. He is first and foremost and I find myself having to "die to self" constantly. Regardless, He is an awesome God and Friend.
4) My need for more than 24 hours a day has increased. There's just so much to be done! Now that I'm back in school, I have to devote much time to reading and studying (which I don't have).
5) The storms that I am referring to are yet another court battle with my ex-husband. He's a sad, bitter man who, from all I can tell, doesn't know the Lord.
6) I feel that I'm at a crossroad in my life. I am completely unchallenged and BORED at my career and feel I am being called elsewhere......where--I don't know. Either way, I have to surrender to God and ask for His guidance on where I need to be.
The fam:

















I must sign off for now-----back to work!
fondly,
fit

No comments: