Monday, June 30, 2008

July - A Hot and Depressing Month...


So you say..."I get the 'hot' part...but what makes July depressing?"

Well ~ I'm glad you asked!

July is the month that my three older children go to their dad's house for summer break. I don't get to see them except for a couple days out of the WHOLE month! It's like I'm a fish-out-of-water. I wouldn't go so far as to say that we close off their vents to the rooms (lol) but I will say that I don't even go into their rooms unless absolutely necessary. It makes me too sad. If it weren't for their cell phones, I probably wouldn't talk to them at all. It's almost like they get over to his house and feel like they have to completely forget me and focus entirely on him so as to not hurt his feelings. Whatever....

Anyway, I think July is most difficult on Nicholas. He hates it when his siblings are gone. A few days---he can handle; but a month?!?!? He's getting to the age that he understands that "Mr. Gene" is their dad. What he DOESN'T get is when we see him, he feels compelled to run to him and give a big hug. Ummmm.....I don't think so. I know that he's a child and innocent, etc.--and I should get over it--but the way that "Mr. Gene" continues to hurt me, my husband AND NICHOLAS, is more than I can handle!

He actually had the "kahunas" to get on the stand the last time we were in court (for the millionth time) and state (under oath) that Nicholas was out-of-control and bratty. First of all, the instance he was referring to was when Nick was 18 months old and had a tantrum about something--as 18 month olds do. *&^%! He also testified that my husband abuses the kids. Don't even get me started on that one. And--that I'm a bad mother and I puposefully keep the kids away from him. Actually, there are so many issues that I can't go into all of them. Let's just say that he's a sad, bitter, pathetic man who needs the Lord. [I'm seriously NOT trying to sound overly-religious...it's just true]


**********Let's move on, shall we??**************


July is usually the month that we try to get as much done around the house as possible. We like to "surprise" them when they get home with something we've done to the house. One year we remodeled the entry way; one year we put up new fans throughout the house, etc. It's kinda fun to see if they can figure out what's new around the house!

After they return, we are planning a big vacation with my family to Branson, MO. Well, all of us EXCEPT for Tyler! I'm so bummed! That is the week that the MOB (Mighty Owl Band) starts their intense marching practice and it's mandatory! We planned this vacation over 6 months ago (or longer) and had no idea it coincided~ It really sucks. Tyler's extremely disappointed--he loves his cousins and they have so much fun together. We thought about flying him up there when practice is over, but by the time he got to Branson, we would be driving home. Oh well--nothing I can do about it, I guess.


Have a great Monday everyone!

fondly,

fit

No comments: