Tuesday, July 01, 2008

All Alone???

The last couple days have been W-E-I-R-D. My friend, Susan, and her family came to visit this past weekend. She asked if she could take Nick back with her for a few days and I agreed. I had no idea how strange it would feel without him around! He's four (almost five!) and although independent, he's very much into EVERYTHING.

Anyway, I called yesterday to check on Nick and Susan asked if he wanted to talk to me and he said, "Noooooooooo!" Apparently, he was playing a spying game and hiding behind furniture and shooting at the t.v. with his nerf gun. Needless to say, he was too busy to talk to Mommy. LOL


Last night we decided to take the older kids to see a movie before they shipped off to their dad's house for a month. While we were watching the movie, I received a text message from Susan with a picture of Nick:

"Swimming in the bathtub!"

I know he is having a BLAST at Aunt Suzie's house.....She loves children and, in fact, was a preschool teacher for a number of years. Susan and I met when we were both on a Nursery Committee at a church we both attended. I was immediately drawn to her fun personality! Her oldest daughter, Katie, was our babysitter. Even though she moved away about 7 years ago, we have stayed in contact. My car can probably drive to her house on auto-pilot! She has been there for me through many, many trials. I know I can always go to Susan for whatever I may need. She's helped me through some very tough situations by praying for me and holding me through my tears. It now seems that the tide has reversed and now she is needing me to be there for her. She has endured much hardship over the last two years and it seems to have come to fruition in the last couple months. I pray for her as often as I can remember----that God will put a hedge about her and help her make it through the difficult times with His love to carry her.
So--tonight I will be parting with my sweet kids around 6pm. After that, I'm ALL BY MYSELF!! Robert has to work tonight....so it's just me. I can't tell you the last time that has happened. Seriously. It's gonna be weird.

fondly,

fit

1 comment:

Kristi Smalley said...

Tona, I will be praying for you this month and your kids that God will protect their minds, emotions and spirits.