Friday, July 18, 2008

T-G-I-F!!

Love this picture...it really depicts my week (and maybe even my hair). Been a tough one--but it's almost over!

Not quite sure what exactly has made it so tough. I haven't seen much of my sweetie, which I'm sure has added to the situation. And--it seems like when I saw him, I was a total crab. [sorry baby] I haven't seen my three older kids in a week. Work has been busy. I was given clearance to run by my doctor (Yay!) after a cortizone shot in the foot (ouch!) and some orthotics for my running shoes. Still dealing with the ex-spouse (referred to as "bump") and his insanity.

Maybe I'm feeling just a bit nostalgic today....so bear with me. I came to a realization yesterday that was very upsetting. I grew up with a close-knit group of friends. We have known each other for practically our whole lives. Well, some have moved off and we all have different lives now...duh. I miss having that closeness. I miss being able to be myself with someone and not feel judged or evaluated. I came to this realization after I had an emotional situation come up yesterday and had no one to call to talk to. My husband is my best friend, but he was tied up at work; and I grow tired of dumping my problems on my family. I have prayed for years for God to bring a friend into my life that I can laugh with, share with, cry with, support, etc. I have a wonderful friend (probably my closest aside from my husband), Susan, but she lives in Tyler and I never get to see her. Most of the ladies in my class at church have "get togethers" during the day with all their kids (none of them work outside the home) and it leaves me feeling isolated and alone. Then, there's the issue of having a wide range in the age of the kids. I have teenagers AND a preschooler. I know, I know....quit having a pity party.........................Okay - I'm done.

Anyway, I have a friend who refers to her belly fat (you know--the part that hangs over your pants when you sit down?) as "muffin". I think that is hysterical and I laugh everytime she uses it. I would like to introduce you to "the shelf", as I call it. You know---it's the fat that hangs over your c-section scar? Yeah, it looks like a big blob of fat hanging over a shelf. Now--all you that had "regular" births won't really understand. However, if you've had a c-section...you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. [Unless, of course, you have less than 10 percent body fat. If that's the case, then I hate you...no offense.]
I wanted to post a few more "before" pictures of the house:

I plan to take some pictures this weekend and give you some idea of the progress....
Have a great weekend!
fondly,
fit

3 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

TONA...Why did you not call me???? Huh? Huh? Huh? I mean Muffin and Shelf would have had a LOT to talk about. I know exactly what you mean. I have a lot of friends but NO soul mate/running buddy friends like you talked about. We need to make it a priority.

Anyway, I have loved seeing pictures of the old house. It has brought back so many memories

Wen Wen said...

Ton Ton----I miss all that too especially since now in Florida I have 1 friend!! My neighbor!!! It really makes you thankful for the times that you did have friends!! Anyway, when I get back in town I am going to set up a girls night so we can all hang out and just be who we are!!! I mean even toot or burp if we feel like it in front of each other!!!

Molly said...

OK I'll get nostalgic with you. I feel the same way too often. It's been hard moving as much as we have to keep close friendships with people. I hate having to act one way and really feel somthing TOTALLY different. I have been blessed with the ladies I teach with here. I can be myself - YIKES! and they don't judge usually just laugh. After all this time I still talk about the fun times I had at GCA and the friends I had there. OK I have shared with Kristi some of the off the wall things I remember with her now here's yours.

I spent the night at your house one weekend after church so it must have been summer. We were planning on how we were going to make all kinds of money babysitting. We made little business cards and everything. The next day we had to go to the foot doctor for you to get an in-grown toenail cut out. EWWW! Man did that hurt! - not me, really but you did not care for all too much. I know I can remember stuff like this and I cant remember to take the wet clothes out of the washer. duh!