Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It MUST be me.....

It's H-O-T!! And--it seems that I can't escape the heat. I received a call from my husband yesterday that our air conditioner at home wasn't working. Ugh. The temperature DOWNSTAIRS was 89 degrees...and who knows what it was upstairs. We have a supremely old unit, so there is only one for the entire house. We are trying to let it limp along--since it's covered under warranty. Eventually, we will get two new units for each floor; however, we have too many expensive projects going on right now to update the house!

So, one of my co-workers followed me home last night and was able to diagnose the problem. We were able to locate the part that was faulty and voila~ it was fixed! We decided to stay at a hotel last night since it would take all night to cool the house. My job puts me in contact with many people, one of which is a nice hotel chain manager. He put us up in a nice suite for free. Can't beat that! Okay -- so I'm walking into work this morning and guess what?!?!? The air conditioner isn't working!! All I could say was, "You've got to be kidding me..." It was 85 degrees in the office. Finally, it was fixed and it's tolerable now. I'm almost afraid to drive my car---should the a/c quit working!

Last night we had planned on going over to some friends house, but the whole a/c thing put a kink in the plan. We decided (after much deliberation) to go ahead and go, even though it was much later than anticipated. We had a great time....and it turned out to be very therapeutic!

Here are my random numbers for today:

9 - days until my kids are all home

15 - minutes it took for the judge to shoot down my ex-husband's attempt to gain custody of our three children AGAIN (fourth time)

15,000 - dollars my ex owes my attorney for his repeated attempts

infinity - times I will thank the Lord for his protection from repeated attempts

250,000 - dollars a U.S. citizen can be fined for having Cuban cigars

10 - years in addition to the $250,000

1 - acquaintance who has said cuban cigars

0 - times I will admit to knowing acquaintance who has said cigars to anyone who asks

1 - day I've been back on the weight-loss-bandwagon

0 - pounds I have lost...lol

Have a great day!
fondly,
fit

4 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Admit it Tona, YOU OWN THE CUBAN CIGARS!!!!

Kristi Smalley said...

Also, hasn't it been an INFERNO in Texas the last week. I can't get cool and if you step outside for just a minute, you are instantly covered with sweat.

Fitafter4 said...

Yes, Kris----unbeknownst to me, I have taken up cigar-smoking...yuk.

Molly said...

I think it is Kristi who has the said cigars. But she told me they were her "medicine".
Love the numbers. I bet you can't wait to have all of your kids home.