Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Monday--- ALREADY?

Where did the weekend go? Seriously....


Had a great weekend, but I couldn't tell you what I did. I know I took a really long nap on Saturday--FOUR hours. Whew! I was tired! I know we went to church yesterday. But aside from that--it's all a blur. Oh well, I guess some weekends are just like that, huh?

Oh yeah, I remember -- I took Jake to basketball practice. Yet AGAIN, his father fell through on taking him. I find it interesting that since he's been at his father's house the last 3 weeks, I have taken him to practice all three weeks. Hmmmm....Can you say non-committal? self-absorbed? convenience-minded? yeah--all those things [and more]

Speaking of Jake, he's playing in the Primetime Sports National Basketball tournament this weekend. Over 700 teams are expected to play from across the country (ages 8 and up). He's very excited. Last year, it was reported that over 300 college scouts were present at the tournament. Talk about great exposure!! Anyway, his first game is Thursday morning at 8am. And guess what?!?! His dad can't take him. Imagine that. So--I'll be taking off work to make sure he gets to the game. I'll probably keep stats for the team, too. Oh well, I keep telling myself that Jake WILL remember who supported him. Right?!?

Here is Dirk Nowitski, Jr.--he's actually grown several inches since this picture. He's 6'4" (maybe a little more) now. He's the tallest on his team as well as the youngest....lol. [Okay -- enough bragging...]

Church was good yesterday. We haven't been in a few weeks due to all our traveling, so it was good to be back in the Lord's House.

Sorry for such a boring post....I'll do better next time.

fondly,

fit







5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Tona! I actually lurked on your blog for the 1st time last week...I sure wish I could get fit BEFORE 40!

Hope you and your family are doing well!

Take care,
Jennifer

Kristi Smalley said...

Jake is a giant! I can't believe he is 6'4". You better believe Jake will remember who took him to everything and supported him all his growing up years. You are a good mom, Tona! You just need to tell that Gene that he just needs to @#$&**@#....(OKAY, I am getting a little upset....simma down, now...simma down) That is a great picture of you and Jake.

Denise said...

Hello Tona, I saw your comment about my private blog. I don't know why I went private--everyone was doing it so I did too. Anyway, send me your email and I will invite you in. I'd be glad to have you.
dlogan7@verizon.net

Fitafter4 said...

Denise,
I just sent you an email with my address....
thx.
tona

Wen Wen said...

Ton-------It is so hard for me to believe you were ever married to that as Krister would say ??**$%. So weird that we used to all hang out----But I remember the night you told me and Sandi the real deal and I have to say I was floored!! Anyway, you are a great mom and I have always admired you for that. Working full-time and raising great kids. Anyway for the record I think your ex is a real loser and I know that means a lot coming from me!!!

And I remember the first time we all came over after "little" Jake was born and you were nursing and all Kristi could say was oh my gosh look at your huge nipple!!!! That Kris, such nastiness!!!