Monday, July 14, 2008

State of the Union...or rather Dis-Union

For those of you that know, we are remodeling our house. We bought for a great price as an investment. It needed some serious updating, but was in really good condition. Well-this endeavor has proven to be a L-O-N-G and drawn out process. I'd love to say that it's because we're "just doing things right" but truthfully....it's a matter of $$$!! Everything is SOOOO expensive! Anyway, we just re-did our living room floor--removing some OLD, yucky, gross carpet and replacing with wood floors, or rather, laminate. It's looks very nice, but I'm not quite used to the "clicking" sound.

In our kitchen, we have put in new counter tops, new oven, new stove, new sink and a new floor is on the way. I will post some before pictures --and when the living room and kitchen are done, I will post the after pictures. It seems that all we do is work on the house. Every bit of spare time is jammed full of work, work, work. Ugh. I know it will pay off, but good grief! I'm tired!
Here is the living room with the carpet pulled up:


I have more to post, but have run out of time.....see ya tomorrow!
fondly,
fit

1 comment:

Molly said...

We bought a fixer-upper 2 years ago and that is all we have been doing. Since we thought we were going to move and quickly these past few days have been nothing but home repair. BUT if it turns out we don't move then my house looks really great. YEAH!