Tuesday, July 08, 2008

26 and Counting...


Only 26 more days until I see the kids....


Here are my random numbers for today:


5 - Number of times I woke up during the night


5 - Really weird dreams I had!


2 - Number of loads of laundry we were able finish before the washer broke...AGAIN.


24 - Hours until the washing machine guru looks at it to see how much $$$ it will cost to get it fixed.


0 - Number of contacts I could put in my eyes this morning....My allergies are terrible!


25 - Number of people who asked if I "just got glasses"


10 - Amount of push-ups I can do (that's pathetic!)


27 - Days until our family vacation


0 - Amount of money saved for vacation



This past weekend we were able to drive to Shreveport to see my brother-in-law who has been in Iraq for the last year. It was wonderful to see him! The sacrifices he has made for his country are unbelievable. He missed his firstborn's birth, Christmas, New Years, etc...while he was gone. Besides that, during the end of my sister-in-law's pregnancy she developed some serious problems and had to be bedridden [she lives about 1000 miles away from "home"]. Her parents were able to be there during her labor and delivery and then promptly packed her up and took her to Shreveport so they could help her. While there, she received word that a pipe had burst in her home and completely flooded it. She had to drive back home and deal with that huge problem. All by herself, brand new baby, flooded house, etc....Can you imagine??? Needless to say, this whole ordeal has given me a real look at the enormous sacrifices our troops make AS WELL AS THEIR FAMILIES.

We took a ton of pictures, so I will try to download some tomorrow. There are some beautiful pictures of their daughter's baptism Sunday. My brother-in-law was quite emotional....it was incredibly moving.


I tell you what, though....my little Nicholas had a real tough time "sharing the spotlight" with his new little cousin! He's used to being the only little one around......and getting all the attention. Whew! It took some real patience to get him to understand that the world doesn't revolve around him....lol.

Check back tomorrow...

fondly,

fit

1 comment:

Kristi Smalley said...

I LOVE the random numbers thing. I have got to use that. We need to reschedule our coffee appointment soon.