Friday, May 29, 2009

Shoes or Skis?

As I've said in my earlier posts, my oldest son (16) plays A LOT of basketball. As a result, he seems to go through shoes in the blink of an eye. I am always on the lookout for a good deal on basketball shoes; and I found a couple of good sites: Final-Score, Finish Line, and EastBay.

Jake plays on the Garland Owls team and their colors are black and gold. The generally accepted practice is to purchase shoes that match the school's colors. Interestingly enough, there are not many shoes out there that are black and gold (I'm just sayin'. . .). When I find some, it's a good day! Well, I found some and purchased them on-line and they arrived today. The first picture doesn't really give a good indication of HOW BIG these shoes are (size 14), so I took a picture of my shoe next to it (they are lined up, even though from the angle of the picture it looks like mine is further back). Now--I wear a size 9 to 9.5, which is pretty big for a woman. AREN'T THEY ENORMOUS! Here's another piece of trivia. Jake's best friend, David (who is younger than him), wears an 18!!

Tyler, my just-turned-15-year-old ALSO WEARS A SIZE 14! I ordered his shoes, too, and they should be here next week sometime. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it, too!
Have a great weekend!
fondly,
fit

No comments: