Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So - where have I been?

Much apologies -- life has been busy and every time I would start a posting, I would get interrupted (darn that work!). I would come back to it, but it would seem like "old news". LOL

S0, here I am---trying to figure out where to start....

Been doing LOTS of basketball watching. My oldest son plays on a select team and it is tournament season. Whew! There were several days that he had 3 or 4 games in a row! Got another one this weekend (of course), but I might be taking a hiatus. My son plays basketball EVERY day at school (spring training) and then practices with his select team (the Garland Jaguars) twice a week in the evenings (usually). Ironically, on his days off, all he wants to do is go up to the gym (Lifetime) and play basketball!! You'd think he might get tired of it---but nope! Guess you could say he loves it, huh?

My girlfriend, Kristi, turned 40 a week ago. A group of us went to dinner then to karoke. Wow---what fun! I've already told my husband what I want to do for my 40th (in September). We have a friend from church who is a DJ. I told Robert that I want a HUGE party with dancing and fun! I want to invite a ton of friends--some from church, some from my younger years, family, etc. It's going to be a BLAST! Although I enjoy a good glass of wine, this party will be non-alcoholic....since I have some friends and family members who don't partake. PLUS--my kids and some of their friends will be there and I don't think it would be a good example if someone were to drink too much. [I personally believe that drinking in excess is wrong...but not everyone holds my same opinion and I want to be able to relax and enjoy the party!] Anyway...should be a blast!

I know that Jennifer is ALMOST there----ready to deliver those beautiful twins! I can't wait to see the pics. If they look and act anything like Max, they will be gorgeous! Good luck, Jen....my prayers are with you!

fondly,
fit

1 comment:

Kristi Smalley said...

WOW! I made Tona's post. I love your idea for your 40th. That would've been more my preference as well but my sister's planned it for me. I can't wait. It will be fun. (I like that non-alcoholic disclaimer)