Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lone Star Princess

As you may or may not know, my daughter was asked to be a Lonestar Princess for the Miss Texas Pageant. It was quite an event!

Unfortunately, during the very first day of rehersal is when I received the phone call that my FIL had passed away. My Mother-in-law was adamant that she not miss any of her pageant activities since she had been looking forward to this event for months. So, we let her stay with her dad for a few days while we were gone while he made sure she was at all her events. She looked absolutely beautiful! I managed to snag a picture of her while the photographer was taking her portraits (I know--I cheated...).

This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for her -- one she will NEVER forget! She truly is a princess--whether it's "Lonestar" or not...

Love you, Princess!

fit

2 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

What a neat honor and she looks so pretty! You tell her congratulations from all of us!!!!

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

The pics that you took, though, she is so beautiful!!! Who could have stopped you???
Congratulations, Princess!!!