Tuesday, July 07, 2009

R.I.P. Bob Teta

The last few weeks have been hectic (more than normal). We received a call on Saturday, June 27th, that Robert's father, Bob, had passed away suddenly. He had been ill for quite some time, but had been doing much better. Robert left to go home (Louisiana) immediately and I stayed back to take care of some things with the kids. [more on that later!]

Bob's rosary and mass were in Leesville, LA and his burial was in Stigler, OK. Robert's brother, Richard, has been in Iraq, so we had to contact the Red Cross to get him home. He arrived about an hour before the rosary! Things were stressful and emotional, but everything went okay.

I have some pretty interesting stories, but don't have time today to go into. I will post more later.
fondly,
fit

2 comments:

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss! I'm glad your brother-in-law could make it in time!
Looking forward to hanging out with you soon!!!

Pamela

Kristi Smalley said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. I'm so glad your BIL got back in time for the funeral.