Friday, October 06, 2006



Here is my stepson. This is a very interesting situation. We didn't know if his existence until he was almost 4. It's been a very difficult scenario, as his mother doesn't want us to be in the picture. It's my opinion that she only wants the child support. We tried very hard to get to know him, but it was a DAILY struggle. She wouldn't tell him we called; she was completely unresponsive when we would try to come visit (4 hours away); she expected us to drop everything and come see him on HER timeframe; etc.

It's unfortunate that we haven't seen him since Easter. My husband was so tired of the whole deal that he decided he would try again later. Whether or not I agree, it's his son and I have to respect my husband. I can't say that I blame him, though. She has made it extremely challenging to have any type of relationship with him. Bless his heart----HE'S the one that suffers as a result.

No comments: