Friday, December 15, 2006

Get in my way and I WILL throw an elbow.... but Merry Christmas anyway!


It's time to brave the crowds and get some Christmas shopping done. Ugh! I'm not a big fan of shopping, mostly because I don't have any money to spend and I want just about everything I see! I DO enjoy buying gifts for people, but it's the shopping part I have an issue with. I simply cannot stand people who think "it's all about them". [Examples: those that take their time walking down the CENTER of the aisle or those that allow their children to run lose throughout the store, etc.] I'm NOT a scrooge, I just don't have patience for inconsiderate people. I have four children, so I feel I can confidently give my opinion----Parent, control your kids or get a babysitter! I have done that plenty of times. In fact, it's quite relaxing to just be able to "stroll" around and shop (never minding those that I've knocked over...).
Anyway, this weekend we are going to try and get most of our shopping done. I've written and re-written the "list" numerous times. Actually, the list isn't as long as most people's (from what I hear), but when you ain't got money....well, you know how it goes!
Hubby and I are not going to exchange gifts (as usual), but that's no big deal. The older kids will be at their dad's over Christmas, so we don't give them their gifts until we pick them up on the 26th at noon. I'm off work the WHOLE WEEK between Christmas and New Year's and I'm very excited. We've got so much traveling to do, that I'm sure the time will whizz by.....
Well, I'd better sign off. So much to do, so little time!
fondly,
fit

No comments: